Seth Godin: How to make money as a movie producer:
- Make movies that work beautifully in theatres and never release them on DVD.
- Make theatres more fun and more attractive to a larger audience.
- Make movies that cost far less to produce, making enough profit on the people who want to buy the beautiful DVD packaging, with extras, etc.
- Produce interactive entertainment, which would only work when the user was online and paying the studio directly.
- Put commercials in movies, but allow people to pay a fee to go online and see the commercial-free versions while connected to a server.
- Sell subscriptions, offering, say, an audience of a million people the very freshest movies—before their neighbors—for a fee.
- Make profit from souvenirs (live events, clothing, etc.) instead of the performance itself. Think Grateful Dead.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
what this is:
Usually interface stuff
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org